Saturday, October 23, 2010

Total Terror: Demonic (2005) / Uninvited (1993)

Movie: 1.5/5
Video: 2/5
Audio: 2.5/5
Extras: 0/5
Overall: 0.5/5

You Get What You Pay For.

Ok, let's break the films down: Demonic - 0.5/5. Uninvited - 2/5. Demonic has no real plot and is just pointless T&A for 84 minutes. Uninvited fares a bit better, but not that much. It's structured but is just not that interesting to boot.

Video: Demonic - 1.5/5. It honestly looks like a PAL DVD at 576i up-converted to 1080p. It looks rough. And there's these weird vertical lines that pop up constantly in shots. Uninvited - 2.5/5. It is a bit stronger but it is also really dull too.

Audio: Demonic - 2.5/5. Audio isn't my strong suit. If I can hear it, then I hear it. I'll just come out and say this; "If you think my reviews on the audio are really wrong, I'll gladly agree. I could hear the audio find on both movies. Sure, the audio was bit low on Demonic and then the music would be loud, but I think it's because they didn't do any ADR in post. Uninvited - 3/5. It's better than Demonic, but not by that much.

EXTRAS: NADA!

Overall - 0.5/5. You really do get what you pay for with this release. If you can get it for $6 total like I did and you love watching really crappy horror films, then go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment