Monday, January 7, 2013

Other Side of the Game (2009)


Movie: .5/5
Video: 3.5/5
Audio: 3.5/5
Extras: .5/5
Overall: 2/5

"Were They Trying to One Up 'The Room' ?"

Movie: .5/5

I sat through this movie hoping for something coherent. Characters come and go and the plot is all over the place. Seriously, actors show up for one scene and are pretty much never seen again. Tony's best bud, Stephen, steals a bunch of drugs and is then murdered. Before the murder, Tony and Stephen fight and Tony tells him that he wants nothing to do with these drugs. Tony is then forced to sell the drugs to make the money back from the man who's drugs were stolen.

That's the movie. An hour and twenty-seven minutes of nothing. I don't know what the filmmakers were trying to do with this movie. I think they were trying to do a British version of Tommy Wiseau's The Room. Acting is bad and the characters are not interesting at all. Stephen's girlfriend is possibly cheating on him; two minutes later, it's nothing. Tony might have his business up and running; two minutes later, what business? Movie gets a .5/5.

Video: 3.5/5

This movie was sourced from a film transfer. In 1.85:1 with an AVC encode; It's not perfect and film damage pops up here and there. There is a nice layer of grain all throughout the film. It is a very nice layer of grain. However, some shots appear to be a bit soft; especially at around seven minutes into the film. Video scores a 3.5/5.

Audio: 3.5/5

Despite the fact that the cover advertises DTS-HD MA, the film contains a simple Dolby Digital 2.0 audio track. It sounds ok. Considering how quiet this film gets throughout, it's a good audio track. I had to pop this movie into my PS3 to get the audio information. There's no set up menu on this disc at all. Audio gets a 3.5/5.

Extras: .5/5

Just a trailer that is two minutes and ten seconds. And for that, the opening thirty seconds is two studio logos. You could cut that down to ten seconds total for those logos. Why waste that much time? Extras get a .5/5.

Overall: 2/5

I've seen some bad movies and this one is one for the books for me. It was hard to stomach. I paid $6 for this. I had never heard of this movie until last week while I was web searching on Amazon and found it. I looked it up on Blu-ray.com and saw that only one person had this in their database collection. I am sadly the second person. I wouldn't recommend this film unless you like bad movies. Honestly, Transmorphers is a better film than this. And that's saying something. This release gets a 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment